English and maths is at the heart of all we do
English and maths underpins everything we do and learn, through all of our courses we embed and prioritise their use in such ways as:
- Written work is marked and feedback given. Spelling, grammar and punctuation are observed
- Writing: purpose, audience and context are established
- Reading: skimming and scanning skills. Get the gist or read in depth
- Speaking and listening: through discussion techniques, presentation skills
- Arts & Crafts: working out measurements/perspective/ratio, preparing an exhibition, emailing suppliers with costs, using isometric paper
- Languages: preparing a trip to a foreign country (trip arrangements/costings/timetables), metric vs imperial
- ICT: usage of spreadsheets, numerical commands and graphs
- Dance & Fitness: timings, positions, angles, counting in music and dancing in time
Not sure you’re ready for GCSE English or maths?
A GCSE isn’t the only way to get a qualification in English and maths. With KAE Skills we offer a range of courses from entry level all the way up to GCSE, which can help you get the skills you need.
Whether it’s to help your children with their homework, to feel more confident with day-to-day tasks or to get the job you are after, we have a course at a level that will suit you.
You will work towards nationally recognised qualifications and can join at any time during the year.
Come and have a chat to discuss how we can help you with English and maths. We can also refer you to the National Careers Service for further advice.