Each year we publish a Learner Charter which sets out learner entitlements and responsibilities which promotes our values on learners’ personal development, behaviour and welfare. Learners are supported and guided to develop approaches that will help them to meet their full potential and succeed in their learning programmes.
We find that adopting the correct attitude towards learning impacts positively on the progress, achievement and future success of our learners which is why we write a two-way contract.
On our side of the bargain we design programmes which provide challenging and gainful learning and work experience opportunities. By utilising an open learning culture which emphasises collaboration we motivate our learners and work to limit bullying and prejudice.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels welcome, valued and respected be that in centre, in outreach venues or online. We are a diverse community and celebrate this. We aim to promote British Values, Prevent, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding in all we do. Inappropriate behaviour contrary to this will be challenged including any displayed whilst learning online.
- Mutual respect at all times.
- The right to be and feel safe at all times.
- The right to be treated fairly and learn in a place that is free from discrimination, harassment or bullying.
Learning with us
- We will help you choose the right course.
- We expect you to pay all fees owed for your course.
- We expect you to be on time for your classes – if this is difficult, please tell us.
- You will have your own learning plan.
- Your tutor will tell you regularly how you are doing.
- If you tell us about a disability, we will do our best to meet your needs.
As a Learner with us
- Behave in a way that recognises and respects British Values.
- Avoid any language or behaviour that others may find unkind, discriminatory or offensive.
- Avoid making inappropriate and/or unacceptable comments regarding members of staff.
- Taking responsibility for own behaviour and the affect it may have on others.
- Do not demand inappropriate and/or unacceptable amounts of staff time.
- Behave in a way that does not put yourself or others in danger and follow our Health and Safety, General
- Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values and Prevent regulations.
- Taking responsibility for your own behaviour and the affect it may have on others (a copy of our Learner Disciplinary procedures are available upon request).
- Avoid GDPR breaches i.e sharing of personal information with others or the misuse/duplication of CLS documents with the intent to harm, impersonate or commit fraud.
- Follow the CLS Online Protocols (detailed in the full length Learner Charter, under ‘When attending online courses’).
- We will make our information clear for you.
- We will tell you about fees and costs.
- You will give us the information we need for our forms.
- You have the right to request what information we have about you.
- You have the right to ask what your information is used for.
- You can ask any member of staff if you need information or help.
- If you need a copy of any information in another format, such as large print or Braille, please ask us.
- Talk to us about what you would like to do next.
- We will give you information and advice.
What do you think?
- What you think is important to us.
- We promise to deal with any complaints quickly.
- We will listen to you and try to make things better.