We expect our staff and learners to treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of individual differences in age, gender, race, background, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We welcome people with disabilities. Please ask to speak to a member of staff confidentially to discuss options for any support you would like.
Whether you’re part of Kent Adult Education, Kent Training and Apprenticeships or Skills Plus, we want the experience to be positive and we expect our staff and learners to treat each other with respect.
Our Equality and Diversity statement
In Community Learning and Skills we are fully committed to Kent County Council’s (KCC) policy aims and objectives for equality and diversity. We contribute to these objectives by the way we work together and in the services we offer to our customers. We are committed to fairness and equality of access, opportunity, and achievement for all learners.
Our vision of equality is one where we:
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect, regardless of individual differences in age, gender, gender identity, race, background, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- Create a range of opportunities that enables as many people as possible to access our services and participate fully.
- Provide safe and inclusive places to learn and work.
- Actively promote positive attitudes and good relations between people of different groups.
- Recognise we all have a role to play in challenging discrimination, prejudice and unfair behaviour.
- Work together to promote equality, diversity and inclusion.