We are a trusted and specialist provider of workforce development skills and Apprenticeships to public, private, not-for-profit and voluntary, and community sector organisations with over 30 years of experience.
Programmes have been designed with feedback from employers, young people, partner agencies and the organisation’s 30 years of experience in the field. We aim to ensure the offers are fit for purpose, meet ambitions and aspirations. They are constantly reviewed and quality assured.
We seek to increase the number of Apprenticeships in Kent by:
- Working with employers to expand young people’s and adult opportunities in line with national and regional policy skill requirements.
- Building on our core expertise in foundation skills and ICT, to develop flexible training packages to meet client requirements.
- Establishing key partnerships, building relationships and improving our communication, to deliver and maintain good value, effective and high quality provision.
KT&A offers five main services:
Work Ready – Work Ready is designed to help young people to develop the work skills and qualifications to progress to an Apprenticeship, employment and/or further learning.
Being work-ready is all about is all about having the right knowledge, skills and behaviours. The Work Ready programme gives the opportunity to gain qualifications and practical experience.
Work Ready is a 22-week programme, 3 days per week (5 days per week when you start your work experience placement for 3 weeks) and provides employability skills such as:
- Interview preparation
- CV building
- Confidence building
- Social skills
A 3 week work placement provides valuable knowledge and practical skills in a real job setting.
Learners work towards an award in British Values, a Level 1 certificate in Progression, along with Functional Skills (English and Maths).
KT&A Internships – Our KT&A Internships help those aged 16-24 (who may have learning difficulties or learning disabilities) to develop skills and experience in a working environment. This study programme is based mostly with an employer, providing support for the learner to gain paid employment, through a personalised study programme which may also include achieving the relevant qualifications and English and Maths.
Traineeships – Our Traineeships give those aged 16 to 24 the opportunity to get real work experience and to improve their English and Maths skills.
A Traineeship will help increase the chances of becoming an Apprentice or a full-time employee. We work with local and national employers to support them in providing the opportunity for young people to gain experience. A dedicated team of tutors identify English and Maths learning that will also support progression. Our Traineeship programme ranges from 3 to 6 months, and includes:
- Help in achieving the skills needed to secure an Apprenticeship and/or employment with an individualised plan
- Provision of a work placement with a progressive and monitored learning programme that relates to a specific role
- English and Maths learning to boost the potential of making positive progression
- Real practice and feedback with a guaranteed interview at the end of the programme with the company
Apprenticeships – As Kent’s leading provider of Apprenticeships, we know what a fantastic option they are.
Our Apprenticeships currently cover the following areas; however, if you are thinking of taking on an Apprentice in another area, please contact us as we are always looking to expand our provision:
- Business Administration
- Early Years Practitioner
- Early Years Educator
- Customer Service Practitioner
- Supply Chain Operative
- Public Service Operational Delivery Officer
- Team Leader/Supervisor
- Teaching Assistant Level 3
- Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5
Work Based Training – If you are aged 19 or over and in employment, we can help you to gain qualifications and additional skills through work based training. KT&A offer training across several industry sectors.
How can you get in touch?Visit Website View Apprenticeships Find Centres
0800 731 4297 KT&A@kent.gov.uk